Awards and Recognitions
● 2016: the NGO was ranked 74th in the Top 500 NGO classification established by the Global Geneva’s. Selection criteria were: impact, innovation and sustainability. TECHO was ranked 5th in Latin America.
● 2012: Dubai International Award for Best Practices (Best Practice Transfer) awarded by the Dubai Municipality and UN- Habitat, , and prize for contributing to poverty and inequality reduction in Latin América and the Caribbean awarded by the Vidanta Foundation, the Ibero-American General Secretariat and the Organization of American States (OAS).
● 2011: The King of Spain’s Award for Human Rights granted by Ombudsman, University of Alcalá hereinafter “UTPMP/KSAHR.” UTPMP was recognized for its work in the defense and promotion of human rights and democratic values in Latin America.
● 2010: South-South Good Practice Transfer in Housing and Urban Development, awarded by UN- HABITAT, the Building and Social Housing Foundation (BSHF) and the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP). The award recognized UTPMP for mobilizing thousands of young volunteers and for implementing its innovative approach to 19 countries in Latin America.
● 2010: Award for the contribution to the reduction of poverty and inequality in Latin America and the Caribbean awarded by the Vidanta Foundation, the Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI) and the Organization of American States (OAS). This award recognizes and supports the outstanding work being done in Latin America and the Caribbean to reduce human poverty and inequality.
● 2010: Latin American Award for CSR and NGOs Award granted by the Social Ecumenical Forum in 2010. Its aim is to reward initiatives that improve community conditions and promote the spirit of solidarity.
● 2009: Best Practices in Policies and Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean, by which the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) recognized UTPMP as best practice in working with and for young people in the region.
● 2009: United Nations Human Settlements Programme awarded the UN Habitat Scroll of Honour Award to UTPMP to recognize the outstanding contributions to human settlements. This award is the most prestigious in the world that is given to the work in this area.
● 2009: UTPMP Peru. Motion of Recognition by the Congress of the Republic of Peru for the work in the fight against poverty that volunteers perform.
● 2008: UTPMP Uruguay. “Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment”, Dubai International award.
● 2008: UTPMP Costa Rica. “Peace Maker Foundation.” Awarded by the Ministry of Justice of Costa Rica in recognition of its valuable contribution to building a more peaceful society by directing its attention to practices and policies aimed at building a culture of nonviolence and peace that exalts the dignity and inner wealth of every human being.
● 2008: UTPMP Argentina. CSR (Communicative Social Responsibility) Awards, Argentina recognized the project in the country as the winner of the distinction “Comprehensive Assistance against Poverty Program” recognizing the commitment to society in regards to public goods.
● 2008: UTPMP Peru. Recognition of the Ministry of Education, the Presidency of the Republic and the UN as one of the largest volunteer organizations in the launching of the National Volunteer Scheme of Peru.
● 2008: UTPMP Peru. Medal of Honor of the City of Chincha, in recognition to the reconstruction work in the areas affected by the August 2007 earthquake in Ica, Peru.
● 2007: UTPMP was recognized by the UN as one of the best NGOs to partner with the private sector, and was selected to participate in the ranking of “Business Guide to Partnering with NGOs and the UN” prepared by Global Compact, Dalberg and the Financial Times.
● 2007: UTPMP-Argentina, MTV Agents of Change, presented by MTV and the IDB to UTPMP -Argentina, to foster youth leadership in the development processes in Latin American countries.
● 2007: UTPMP was honored by the Presidency of Chile for its contribution to building a socially equitable
country with the 2007 Bicentennial Seal.
● 2007: UTPMP, “Excellence 2007″ award granted by the American Economy magazine for the efforts made by UTPMP to the Latin American development.
● 2006: IDB Youth Award granted to UTPMP by the Inter-American Development Bank.
● 2005: Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship Award.